Challenge: Incorporate more activity into the most sedentary and inactive hours of your day.
- Do squats (squeeze!) while brushing your teeth or blow drying your hair. Quick and easy way to jump start your metabolism in the morning with no extra time wasted.
- Take the stairs. Make it your policy not to take the escalator or elevator.
- Walk or bike to your next errand. Check online maps. If your post office, coffee shop, or grocery store is less than .5 miles away, it is walkable, or less than 1.5 miles away, it is bikeable.
- Get up every hour from your desk to stretch or fill up your water. I switched out my 1 liter water jug to a regular glass to drink water so I had to get up from my desk more often.
- Walk to lunch instead of driving. Visit establishments close to your office and school. It is good for your heart and good for local business.
- If you must watch tv then do push-ups during commercial breaks and stretch during the show. Don't just sit there!