I recently went to A&W and Kentucky Fried Chicken, fast food chains, during a road trip and wanted a meal with no simple carbohydrates and sugars. Impossible! Everything was fried, doused with carbs, even grilled chicken was dipped in flour, and added sugar. I ended up eating an A&W Cooney Chili Dog and skipped the bun, even though the Chili had sugar, it wasn't high on the ingredient list.
Challenge: Drink and eat less sugar.
- Use Cinnamon, instead of sugar, in coffee
- Drink water instead of fruit juices or soda (you have heard this one before)
- Skip the pastry and go for a piece of fruit or cup of yogurt
- Switch to beer or gin and tonics from sugary mixed drinks
- Buy fresh bread from a local bakery (less likely to have HFCS) than grocery store brands
Go Above and Beyond:
- Next time you go grocery shopping, check the ingredients for all your products to find out what has HFCS