What is neutral position for the pelvis? A straight line extends from the ear through the shoulders, hips, and heel. Neutral pelvis is achievable in a seated, standing, and supine positions.
Challenge (Part I): Spend 15 minutes every day in neutral pelvis position and learn to make neutral the default. This is harder than you think!
- Helps to use a mirror
- Square and Open Shoulders
- Relax Shoulders
- Right and Left sides of pelvis are even, on the same plane
- Lift the torso from the waist and pelvis to straighten the spine
- Good alignment should feel "effortless"
Application: Pay attentions to pose details to increase intensity, hold for 20 breaths
- Lighting Bolt Pose - seated pose on heels, wrap heel with checks
- Staff Pose - Lefts extended straight forward, fingers press down, push out through heels
- Mountain Pose - engaging the legs make the asana more intensity
- Upward Hand Pose - bring arms over the head from Mountain Pose, engage legs and reach up
- Warrior I w/ hands over head - focus on ground feet and straightening back leg
- Warrior II w/ hands over head - align pelvis, focus on opening shoulders
- Tree Pose - ground and stabilize balancing leg